I got fitted to my first pair of glasses last Saturday.
It felt cool at first, like wearing a new accessory. I bought the frames a couple of months ago in a trade fair at church. I had been anticipating wearing glasses for quite a number of years now. Eversince high school, I knew there was already a blur in my vision. It became apparent in college when I could not read what my instructor wrote on the board as I sat in the farthest part of the classroom.
Years passed. It got to me when I noticed I was squinting most of the time at work. So I decided it was time to try and do something with my blurry vision.
The first week reaction was my eye sockets aching due to my eyes' adjustment to the lens. Along with that was the claustrophia-like feeling of looking at everything through frames and adjusting to partial blindness to things on my sides which are being blocked by the frames.
This second week left my nose hurting on the spot where the frames rest. Really irritating. My cold even made it worse because then, I could not figure out if my nose was being extra sensitive due to the virus or not. I even tried putting tack it on the frames but then even as it made my nose less painful it made the spot itchy instead.
In conclusion, I like the way I look sort of geeky with my new glasses but it really is irritating and I can't stand wearing it until late at night. I can't wait to see what happens after 3 months. I hope my astigmatism gets cured by then.
1 comment:
Me and my glasses are friends now. I can wear it all throughout the day. Sometimes I even forget I'm wearing it when I'm about to sleep. Hehehe.
The nicest thing about getting a better vision is that I can see the night sky ever so clearly now! I love, love, love the constellations during the 4th quarter of the year in the Philippines! Orion looks so grand! Sirius so bright!
Yesterday night was great because Venus and Jupiter aligned and formed a smile with the crescent moon.
I behold the magnificence of the night sky over and over again. Thanks for that great spectacle my dear glasses. ;)
Post a Comment