Friday, November 28, 2008

30

I finally got to eat the the Ems' restaurant at the Fort yesterday night. The dinner was for my birthday. Four people came in spite of the short notice: Bicbic, Julie, Gideon, and, (lo and behold!) Jonathan Ragsag. I was not able to take pictures though. :( It was fun. I was happy to see them again. I hope for more get-togethers like this.

I had imagined my 30th birthday to be something like a grand party where I can play matchmaker among my friends; and hopefully reap something out of it. Hahaha. It did not happen like that. The day passed quietly, like a gentle breeze. To my surprise, it did not matter to me too much that I did not have a grand party.

My celebration (or should I say the celebration of me? Hehehe.) Started with, of course the Pinoy-way, a barrage of SMS messages on my already-full-of-messages-for-sentimental-reasons phone. It is always nice to be remembered on your birthday. I bought a small cake for my connect group at noon. Then I treated my teammates at the office to some Buddy's merienda. The noodles never tasted so delicious! I was also happy because my Ate gave me a call from Singapore that night too. :)

On the following weekend, I ate at KFC, for practical reasons, with my extended (read: Samantha) family. It was simple. Too bad I did not take pictures of us.

This year, I had been more harrassed than at any time I could remember in my adult life. Here is hoping for the end of these birth pains, and the beginning of something better to look forward to in all areas of my life. I'm excited about my next birthday already. ;)

1 comment:

dee said...

My next birthday is coming up in a few days again.
Ah, time for another performance review of my life. KPI: Happiness and will of God. :P