Wednesday, November 28, 2007

eProductivity

I think I have an idea what I want to do next in my career. :) But before that, I am now attending a conference on eProductivity. I am learning many things about it. Most, if not all, of the technology that the speaker discussed are things that I already know about before. It must be because I really am at a job that deals with cutting-edge technology. (Hmmm. Good confirmation.)
I am learning more on the ways to do things in a more productive way, like how to make emails productive, and also new methodologies to make me more productive like GTD. (Note: GTD works with or without hi-tech.) I also learned that we really cannot manage time. Nobody can. Five minutes is five minutes, no matter who you are or what you do. But you can manage choices on what you will do for the five minutes you are given. So it is all about managing choices rather than managing time.
I am going to try out some of the ideas that I learned. One of the easiest things I think I can start doing is improving my emails and working off of lists. Here is to better productivity!
By the way, our speaker is Eric Mack. A very interesting man. Check his web site out. :)

No comments: